Thursday, April 23, 2015

Predictive Texting

This weeks LBC topic comes from Padmum.

Personally I love the notion but hate the execution of predictive texting.

It is a pervasive irritant at best.Google loves it. So does Firefox. I am currently without a smartphone but it dominates those devices. Ditto for tablets. My main issue is with my big hands and the small virtual keyboards on mobile devices.

I always loved the irony that my last 6 years at work I made my living as a copywriter and yet I am a lousy typist. You'd think predictive texting would be just the ticket for a cement-handed typist like me.  Alas not so. Sigh. So I guess I'll just keep pounding away.

Time to see what the other LBC posters think.


3 comments:

  1. After 48 years, I now have a sister-in-law called Blind! Well that is how predictive text sees her. Can you guess her real name? Aline... or as my other brothers teased her: A line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with my fingers unable to type the touch screen letters! I try and avoid texting and whatsapp etc as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a real problem, Chuck. Guess it's back to the home phone.
    blessings ~ maxi

    ReplyDelete