Friday, April 3, 2015

The long and the short

This week's topic comes from Maria. As the resident LBC music guy I simply harken back to those halcyon days when AM ruled the wave and FM was just getting a start - sans the time restrictions imposed by AM station prgrammers.  The popular music world has not been the same since ....here are a couple of excellent examples

The long



and the short



The long



and the short



Of course in college there was the long novel and the short Cliff'sNotes short version.Not that I ever cheated and only used the Cliff'sNotes version. No sir. Not me. Ahem.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

  1. How adoorable. I think you're right, by the way. We ought to start a list of books that can only be sold from a backroom with a curtain, and the only allowable public version.is the cliffnotes, since the long versions have been scaring people for centuries. I nominate: Moby Dick. Oh, and my all-time favorite: Marcel Proust and his Madeleine. If that one doesn't scare you, nothing will. Happy Easter to you, your family, and of course, Cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long novels and short notes aaaand … no cheating. I don't see you in that picture. No siree.
    blessings ~ maxi

    ReplyDelete