Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Tis the season!

It is December and despite the fact that I have not seen the Norelco Santa yet our holiday season has certainly begun. This season is marked by great traditions and music. The far right would have us believe Christmas is under attack by the media and liberals/progressives and their ilk (read Democrats). While some who would totally separate church and state squawk about religious themed displays in government locations and Christians claim we all need more God in our lives and that means our schools, our government meetings and in fact everywhere, I have NEVER  been told my wishing a Merry Christmas to someone was offensive - be they Christian, Jew, agnostic, Hindu or insert whatever non-Christian faith you can think of. Most often they simply accept the greeting in the spirit it s given - and more often than not respond in kind.

The so-called war on Christmas may deliver rating points for Fox news, MSNBC and others but that is what we get when we receive news from for-profit companies - a very small number of which control ALL of the so-called mainstream media.

While I am very cautious about making political statements on Facebook - there are simply too few folks even in my friends list too willing to lob right- or left-wing sound bites at anything they even remotely disagree with (though I will engage ANYONE privately as long as serious civil discourse is their goal )- I will simply say this - Merry Christmas. This is meant to be a joyous season and only you can make it anything less for anyone - especially yourself.






1 comment:

  1. And Merry Christmas to you, too! I agree—haven't had anyone take me to task for wishing anyone a merry Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete