Thursday, March 10, 2016

Daydreams - LBC

his weeks topic comes courtesy of Ramana in Pune India.  

According to Merriam Webster daydreams are a pleasant, visionary usually wishful creation of the imagination. That sounds about right to me.

I used to daydream a lot when I was in school. I spent most of my high school life bored to tears in classes. Daydreams were my salvation. Without them I would have spent almost as much time in the dean's office as in class. There was infinite source material - heck,  every pretty girl I was too shy to talk to was good daydreaming material. 


If there  was a big game coming up that was great fodder for my daydreams.  Yep - I was a day dreamin boy.




A good song about a daydream could finance an entire career - like this one did for one of my all-time favorite minstrels - John Stewart



Thank you Monkees and Anne Murray for that. 

Daydreams let us escape the rigors of daily life, if only briefly. We all need a break now and then and daydreams beat the chemically induced escape so readily available these days.

2 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head, Chuck. Life would be pretty boring without daydreams. You found a great way to slide through school.
    blessings ~ maxi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am once again amazed at how many songs you can think of on a topic! And yes indeed, daydreaming better any day than the chemically induced ones.

    ReplyDelete