Thursday, December 21, 2017

People watching

This weeks topic is people watching - something I have enjoyed for as long as I can remember. I have spent many hours sitting and observing others.

Some of the best people watching happened in Hawaii. I'd hop on my trusty Suzuki 550
and ease on down the road. My two favorite spots were Waimea Bay to watch crazy people surf the giant waves.


There was nothing quite like sitting on my bike, enjoying a shave ice from Matsumotos store and seeing that. The other great place was a parking lot at the beach where the sail plane school was. I would watch the sail plane (glider) students swooping low and buzzing the beach for hours.
In college I would sit in the coffee shop and look out the window and watch my fellow students. Sometimes I would make up stories about them.

Fisherman's wharf on San Francisco was another goodm spot, usually to watch tourists. A loaf of good sour dough bread, a nice sized salami and a cold beer rounded out the package. Tourists were great fun to watch, especially when they were from land locked areas and were in awe of all things normal to a city by a bay with a large fishing fleet.

I spent a fair amount of time people watching in New York when Lynn and I had business trips there. Mostly I saw folks in a hurry to get somewhere. It was somewhat disappointing, to be honest.

The best thing about people watching is all you need are people. Since there are people almost everywhere, just grab a seat, sit back and enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, all that you need are people and a vivid imagination to speculate on their behaviours and possible backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete